Living Sea Aquarium has
been supplying Chicagoland with fish for over 20 years (over 15 years
in our current location) and currently is one of the largest aquarium
stores, specializing in freshwater, salt water and reef aquariums. With
over 8000 gallons of water dedicated to marine livestock, Living Sea has
the largest and most comprehensive selection of salt water fish and
invertebrates in the Midwest.
Living has been featured
on CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox Television as well as many of the Chicagoland
radio stations for expert opinions on controversial topics such as
Snakeheads in captivity and the genetic Glofish. We have also been
featured for our stingray feeds and school programs.
Living Sea is one of
only a handful of stores in the country to be certified by the Marine
Aquarium Council for our handling, husbandry and transportation
standards of our fish.
Living Sea's unique offerings include:
- Free feedings every Saturday & Sunday and holidays at 2:00 p.m.
- New shipments of freshwater and saltwater livestock every week
There's always something new in the store!
- Hundreds of different kinds of fish and marine life
- Custom glass and acrylic aquariums and cabinetry
On-Site aquarium delivery, set up and maintenance
- Friendly knowledgeable staff that offers over 100 years of experience with marine life and aquarium operation.
- Installation of 196
aquariums for Wet Pets and Friends, One of Pittsburghs' top aquarium
stores. This project includes construction of all the aquarium stands,
all plumbing which includes over 1000 feet of PVC piping ranging from 1
inch to six inches in diameter. This project also includes all
filtration for eight separate systems for fresh water, saltwater fish
- Numerous installations of aquariums in Chicagoland homes
- 5 Rainforest Café Restaurants
- An aquarium wholesale facility with over 10,000 gallons
- We had 3 Nano Reef aquariums for Chicago's Navy Pier to be displayed during this summer's 3D movie - Deep Sea narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet.