Living Sea Aquarium
811 West Devon avenue
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Wide Range Specific Gravity Meter For Marine Aquarium Use
- "Dry Hands" design avoids contamination of aquarium or water sample Takes a more "true" water sample at a 6 inch depth avoiding inaccurate surface sampling
- Accurate to ±0.001 specific gravity & salinity (PPT) measurements
- Auto-temperature correcting design
- Durable construction for extended life
- Designed to give a temperature-corrected reading in warm water aquariums - 68°F to 85°F (20°C to 30°C)
- Readings can be taken by holding the meter inside the aquarium by the self-leveling hanging device or by taking the meter out of the aquarium and placing on a level surface
- Automatically collects perfect sample size by leveling off sample at top of dam
- Self-leveling, hanging device included
- Proven design offering the ultimate in accuracy for more than a decade
Note: Before using for the first time, to season the measurement needle, fill the hydrometer with saltwater from your aquarium and allow it to sit full of this water on a level surface for 24 hours. This rehydrates the calibration disc to its original specs and calibration standard and will provide the most accurate readings going forward.
- Submerge hydrometer approximately 6 inches to water level line.
- When water reaches the fill line level (top of dam) remove hydrometer and place on a level surface to take the most accurate reading.
- Avoid air bubble adherence to the pointer as this will result in inaccurate, higher than normal readings. Should air bubbles collect on pointer, gently tap hydrometer to completely dislodge them before taking your reading. Do not aggressively tap the unit on a hard surface as this can cause the pointer to be permanently damaged.
- Read specific gravity on inside scale and salinity in parts per thousand (PPT) on the outside scale. A recommended specific gravity of 1.020 to 1.023 is desirable for most marine aquariums.
- Rinse with fresh water after each use to maintain optimum accuracy.
Salt deposits may accumulate on pointer and will result in inaccurate readings. If salt crystallizes inside your unit, soak it in lukewarm water or vinegar for 30 minutes, rinse with fresh water and allow to air dry.
Each AccuProbe™ Hydrometer is assigned an individual certified calibration number which is your assurance the unit was finely tuned prior to shipping from our production facility to provide the most accurate reading possible.
Patented - U.S. Patent No. 5631420
Product Rating: (0.00) # of Ratings: 0 (Only registered customers can rate)|
There are no comments for this product.